2012 Power of Wind Blog Contest
To celebrate Global Wind Day and the growing contribution of wind energy in Canada, CanWEA has launched the Power of Wind Blog Contest. Students entering post-secondary education are invited to submit a 300 word blog on the subject of wind energy. We want stories on what wind means to you and why you think it should be a part of our future energy mix. Use your imagination and be creative!
The contest will run from June 15th, 2012 (Global Wind Day) to September 15th, 2012. The winner will be announced in Toronto at CanWEA’s Annual Awards Banquet on October 16th, 2012.
The winner of the Power of Wind Contest will win the following:
- $2,000 bursary
- Invitation to deliver essay in person at CanWEA’s Annual Awards Banquet
- Invitation to climb the turbine at Exhibition Place
2nd prize: $500 bursary
3rd prize: $250 bursary
Terms and Conditions
The contest is open until September 15th, 2012. Entries will be accepted as of June 15th. This contest is open to participants from Canada. There is no entry fee, and each participant can submit only one entry to this contest. CanWEA employees and CanWEA member organizations are not eligible to take part in the contest, nor are their relatives or members of their families. CanWEA also reserves the right to use any blog submissions on its website or for any other marketing materials. The decision of the judges is final. Only the winners will be contacted after submissions have been reviewed.
To be eligible for the bursary, all applicants must (and will be required to provide proof of):
- Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
- For graduating high school or CEGEP students, proof of enrolment at a recognized Canadian publicly funded post-secondary school for the Fall 2012 academic term.
- For full-time university or college students, proof of enrolment at a recognized publicly funded Canadian post-secondary school for the 2011/2012 and Fall 2012 academic terms.
How to submit your blog
Your 300 word blog can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than September 15th, 2012. Good luck!